CRBC plays an active role in the watershed to remove non-native invasive plant species and can assist you with identification and recommended treatments for removal.  If you see a suspect species, call us at 503-303-4372, and we’ll come check it out. You can also try to identify the suspect using our fact sheets, which were developed by students at the Art Institute of Portland.

Invasive species can be reported to state agencies by calling or visiting the Invasive Species Hotline website.  Furthermore, the Clackamas County Soil & Water Conservation District is engaged in weed mapping and invasive removal activities, and would love to know where you’ve spotted offending trees and shrubs.

We recommend doing research before removing invasive plant species. Careful pesticide application can often be the most effective method for removal, as manual removal may cause the invasive weeds to spread. If you’re not sure how to get rid of an invasive species, call CRBC or visit OR Department of Agriculture or Oregon Invasive Species Council.