NRCS – USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service announced funding through the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) for those impacted by Oregon’s recent wildfires. Application deadlines are Dec. 30.

FEMA – Oregon Wildfires And Straight-line Winds (DR-4562-OR).

2020 COMMUNITY REBUILDING FUND – public-private partnership with Gov. Brown and philanthropic orgs.



Erosion Control – Flooding and landslides are of concern because burned soils absorb less water than normal. Use coir logs to divert flows.

Protect waterways – Construct straw waddles along waterways to contain excess sediment or hazardous materials from contaminating the watershed.

Harvesting hazard trees – If you plan on harvesting hazard trees, you must replant just like with healthy harvests.


Wait for federal support to receive funds – Don’t start before inspection if you anticipate financial support.

Consider management goals – Depending on burn severity and land-use goals, natural regeneration may be ok.

SEEDING (FROM ODA) – High quality seed mixes or single grass seed species with a seed analysis tag showing no noxious weeds will help avoid bringing unwanted weeds onto your property.


Firewise: https://www.nfpa.org/Public-Education/Fire-causes-and-

Jenna Trentadue, National Fire Plan Coordinator, who can answer FireWise questions: Jenna.A.Trentadue@oregon.gov

Fire effects on produce: https://ucanr.edu/sites/SoCo/files/308873.pdf

OSU Extension Fire Program website: https://extension.oregonstate.edu/fire-program

Website found helpful for evacuation:

Wild Fire Risk: https://wildfirerisk.org/

Emergency Evacuation Planning: https://www.onecallnow.com/blog/08/five-ps-hurricane-evacuation/

Fire preparedness and prevention webinar series that include go-kit information: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvMpX52moaAthptovDZ4IFVBqThpC-x0R

What to do if you have Fire Damage: https://www.waterdamageadvisor.com/fire-damage/


American Red Cross link to resources (shelters, reconnecting, searching for a family member) https://www.redcross.org/local/oregon/about-us/our-work/western-wildfires.html

Clackamas County – Various departments and service resources https://www.clackamas.us

Shelter Sites (including Evacuation Map at www.clackamas.us/wildfires)

Health, Housing and Human Services, https://www.clackamas.us/h3s, 503-650-5697

Clackamas River Basin Council, www.clackamasriver.org, info@clackamasriver.org, 503-303-4372
Streamside vegetation restoration; Assistance in finding helpful resources

Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District https://conservationdistrict.org/, (503) 210-6000

Oregon Department of Forestry: www.oregon.gov/odf Emergency Forest Restoration Program – for forest lands property owners

Contact Local Stewardship Forester: Joe Goldsby, North Cascade District Stewardship Forester, 14995 S. Hwy 211, Molalla, OR 97038, 503-829-2216

Information and alerts
Register with FEMA to apply for assistance if you’re affected by wildfires in Clackamas, Douglas, Jackson, Klamath, Lane, Lincoln, Linn and Marion Counties.
Three ways to register:

  1. Online through the FEMA website https://www.disasterassistance.gov/
  2. Through the FEMA mobile app https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=fema+mobile+app
  3. Call 1-800-621-3362

Oregon State University Extension

Planning and Implementing Cross-boundary, Landscape-scale Restoration and Wildfire Risk Reduction Projects, https://catalog.extension.oregonstate.edu/pnw707
Community Wildfire Protection Plans (CWPP) – plans on a County-wide basis.


Oregon Humane Society: https://www.oregonhumane.org/wildfire-2020/#lost-and-found

Clackamas County: https://www.clackamas.us/dogs#lostandfoundpets


Zebs Wish Equine Sanctuary – zebswish@gmail.com or 503-341-1102

Sound Equine Options – info@soundequineoptions.com

Cowgirl 911https://www.facebook.com/groups/oregoncowboy911/


Air Quality Filter, DIY, from Oregon Health Authority:

Do it yourself video on how to use a box fan & HEPA filter to improve air quality: DYI option to help internal air quality: https://www.cct-enr.com/box-fan-filter

Balloon/ball type of fire extinguisher for 10’ square area (early prevention/fire suppression): https://www.amazon.com/Elide-Fire-Activation-Extinguisher-warranty/dp/B07BC653JC

Books of interest
“Silver Jackets Post-Fire Flood Playbook” – A multi-agency resource guide for how to mitigate for flood risks after big wildfires

During and after a disaster, people come together to help. If you would like to support first responders and those impacted in Clackamas County by the Clackamas Wildfires, please consider donating to:

Clackamas County’s Wildfire Emergency Relief Fund – To donate, click here: http://bit.ly/clackamaswildfirerelief

American Red Cross – Their fund for western wildfires: https://www.redcross.org/donate/western-wildfires-donations.html/?cid=fy21westernwildfires&med=cpc&source=google&scode=RSG00000E017&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=CjwKCAjwkoz7BRBPEiwAeKw3q5vmtrULKHrcu-jxZMfbr-1fju_zV9UbGDJLyBgm44mH8QUfxe96vBoCmv0QAvD_BwE

Oregonians Credit Union is taking donations and is matching donations to the American Red Cross to Help Oregon wildfire victims as stated on the web site: https://www.oregonianscu.com/


From Carrie Berger, OSU Fire Program Manager

Wildfire resources
  • Level 1 Evacuation means “BE READY” for potential evacuation. Residents should be aware of the danger that exists in their area, monitor emergency services websites and local media outlets for information. This is the time for preparation and precautionary movement of persons with special needs, mobile property and (under certain circumstances) pets and livestock. If conditions worsen, emergency services personnel may contact you via an emergency notification system.
  • Level 2 Evacuation means “BE SET” to evacuate. You should be ready to leave at a moment’s notice as this level indicates there is a significant danger to your area, and residents should either voluntarily relocate to a shelter or with family/friends outside of the affected area. Residents may have time to gather necessary items, but doing so is at their own risk.
  • Level 3 Evacuation means “GO” evacuate NOW – leave immediately! Danger to your area is current or imminent, and you should evacuate immediately. If you choose to ignore this advisement, you must understand that emergency services may not be available to assist you further. DO NOT delay leaving to gather any belongings or make efforts to protect your home.


Fire Information / Updates

Clackamas County Evacuations: While some evacuation levels have been reduced, there have been no changes in level three ‘go now’ evacuations levels. Interactive map at www.clackamas.us/wildfires

Daily 6pm Riverside Fire virtual community meeting: Facebook.com/RiversideFireInfo

State of Oregon https://wildfire.oregon.gov/

Lionshead Fire: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7049/

Riverside Fire Info: inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7174/ Phone: 541-638-0668

National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) FTP Server includes a source of data for fire incidents, updated daily and includes previous years. The site also has BAER reports that includes information such as amount of dozer lines, fire severity percentages, the cost of suppression and resource damage info, etc.

Go to the link: https://ftp.nifc.gov

and to find specific incidents: https://ftp.nifc.gov/public/incident_specific_data/

Link for WA/OR: https://ftp.nifc.gov/public/incident_specific_data/pacific_nw/

Riverside fire: https://ftp.nifc.gov/public/incident_specific_data/pacific_nw/2020_Incidents_Oregon/2020_Riverside_ORMHF_000859/

Five P’s to remember when preparing to evacuate:

People — Be ready to flee with yourself and your family, and if safely possible, with pets and other animals.

Prescriptions — Have them bagged and ready to go including medicines; medical equipment; batteries or power cords; eyeglasses; and hearing aids

Papers — Important documents (hard copies and/or electronic copies saved on external hard drives or portable thumb drives

Personal needs — Such as clothes, food, water, first aid kit, cash, phones, and chargers and items for people with disabilities and others with access and/or functional needs, such as older adults, children, and those with Limited English Proficiency.

Priceless items — including pictures, irreplaceable mementos, and other valuables