On Your Working Lands
- Become Ecobiz certified! Certified businesses in the automotive, car wash, and landscape industries benefit by receiving free marketing and advertising and being recognized as leaders in their industry.
- Get certified by Salmon Safe for incorporating business practices that are beneficial for salmon.
- Rent equipment such as no-till drills, or a water wagon, from the Clackamas County SWCD. You can also contact the SWCD for technical assistance with projects such as livestock management and promoting pollinators.
- Attend one of the excellent events coordinated by the North Willamette Research and Extension Center to keep up-to-date on the latest in sustainable agriculture.
- Use pesticide alternatives and reduce your use when possible.
- Plant native trees and shrubs as a riparian buffer if you have streamside property. Contact CRBC or the SWCD.
- If you are considering changing the use of your forest land, many other agencies may have rules which affect changing the use of your land. For an overview, click here.