For Your Car
- Check your car for fluid leaks – it will improve vehicle performance and keep chemicals from entering stormwater runoff.
- Dispose of antifreeze, brake fluid, and other hazardous wastes safely.
- Wash your car on the lawn, or at a commercial car wash. Your lawn will enjoy the drink, and there will be less stormwater runoff in our streams.
- Seek out ways to drive less, or carpool. Biking and walking are great ways to get exercise while reducing your impact on the environment. If you do need to drive, try to plan out your route so that it’s as efficient as possible.
- Have your oil changed professionally, or recycle your oil if you change it at home. Just one oil change can contaminate a million gallons of fresh water.
- Have an Ecobiz-certified professional work on your car, and visit an Ecobiz-certified carwash.